Friday, July 11, 2008

Ayurveda

Developed in India more than 4000 years ago, Ayurveda is an integrated, physiotherapeutic medical system based upon the universal natural law of balancing the five elements (Ether, Air, Water, Fire and Earth) that make up the physical body. When one or more of these elements go out of balance because of improper life style, various diseases and mental disturbances occur. The Tridoshas called Vatha, Pitha and Kapha need to function in harmony with each other as well as with the five basic elements of the universe (Water, Air, Fire, Earth and Ether) to stay healthy. Most illnesses arise due to the imbalance in functioning of any one or two of the Tridoshas, which leads to the malfunctioning of the internal organs. Ayurveda basically strengthens the body’s immune system against diseases. It treats the root cause of the disease rather than the disease itself, thereby permanently curing the disease without recurrence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope someone can help me here. I KNOW that I have been suffering from an accidental Kundalini awakening. I was born gifted and have an concave dot where the third eye is on my head that anyone can see. I don't do yoga and can't meditate. I've tried through reading books and what you've said here. In fact I knew this was the reason for my pain. I found this information through my prayers and gift because NO ONE knows why I am getting worse. It's so bad that I need back surgery as doctors can see the deterioration of my spinal bones. With the pain I've also experienced a lot of good. Almost everything you said that can cause an awakening I've had. I did not ask for this and fear it's too late for me but, I want to fight for my life. Can someone help me?